Wednesday, December 26, 2007

No Need to Call 911

I recently had the pleasure of reading Malia Russell's book Chaos to Order: 25 Tools-Bringing Organization to Your Home, and it was wonderful. She generously donated the book for my silent auction benefit to support Autism Awareness on December 8th 2007. After skimming through the book, I decided to purchase the book for myself. This book is a very easy read, filled with 51 pages of experience and guidance from Gods Word, which is what sold me the most. A godly woman offering useful tips from years of experience with simple scripture to guide her. What more could you ask for? At the end of each tool, Malia offers her favorite website to gain more knowledge on the specific tool. She also has her own blog with useful tips!I have only been able to check out a few so far but the book will always be here and very useful. I plan to refer back to it often.

I have actually started utilizing one of the tools that I had not done before and that is freezing food. It seems so much food gets wasted and it makes me sick to think we could have fed some starving children or adults. I recently had a hysterectomy and some fellow church members brought my family food for the week following the surgery. Some members made way to much so we froze the food for my husband to use during lunch at work. I love the idea and plan on using it more and more. Since I work from home with my own schedule, freezing meals will be just another simple weekly project to add to my schedule. lol

Along with Chaos to Order, Malia has some other items that may be purchased on her website. She also offers conferences for groups at no charge within a reasonable distance.

I highly recommend this book for any women whether homemakers or Career Women. I think both could find some very good tips! Outstanding!

No comments: